The Volkswagen Foundation invites an excellent young researcher to apply and compete for the Freethinker Fellowships in Germany. In order to apply, the applicants must at least hold a Ph.D. (or have equivalent academic experience) and must be affiliated to an academic institution.
The purpose of the Foundation is to facilitate the implementation of extraordinary research projects and to make important contributions in the establishment of reliable career paths for the next generation of scientists.
Deadline: Applications must be received by October 10, 2019.
The list of eligibility criteria are given below:
- The offer is open to young scientists of all nationalities.
- Prerequisite is the integration into a university or non-university research institution in Germany with the beginning of the Fellowship.
- Every applicant – from Germany or from abroad – must at least hold a Ph.D. (or have equivalent academic experience) and must be affiliated to an academic institution.
- Non-German nationals based at an academic institution in Germany are regarded as applicants from Germany, German nationals based at an academic institution abroad are regarded as applicants from abroad.
- The total funding for both funding phases must not exceed EUR 2.2 million.
- A 2nd financing duration of 2 or 3 years is possible, whereby the overall financing duration (incl. the very first financing stage) is an optimum of 8 years. The financing for the 2nd Depending on project-specific requirements, the financing stage varies in between 0.5 and 1 million euros, the overall financing for both financing durations need to not go beyond EUR 2.2 million.
How to Apply:
To apply for this scholarship applicants must submit your application electronically via the application portal of the Volkswagen Foundation: https://portal.volkswagenstiftung.de/vwsantrag/login.do