Technische Universität Dresden (TU University) is pleased to announce the PhD scholarships funded by the European Social Fund. The program is open to all graduate and doctoral students who intend to carry out a doctorate at TU Dresden and whose PhD projects fulfill the criteria and conditions.
Program purpose is to make use of the individual educational potential increasing the innovative vigour in the Free State of Saxony. Academic professionals shall be provided with excellent opportunities to enter the Saxon job market of science and industry.
Deadline: 28th February 2019 (SAB-Stichtag: 15 May 2019)
- Graduate students who intend to carry out a doctorate at TU Dresden and whose PhD projects fulfill the criteria and conditions.
- Doctoral candidates that intend to resume a scientific career following a period of family/parental leave (minimum 9 months) and if the PhD project fulfills the criteria and conditions.
PhD projects are highly eligible:
- carrying out applied research,
- resulting in environmentally sustainable research aspects,
- of MINT disciplines,
- of MINT disciplines specifically promoting women,
- supporting the reduction of CO2 emission for a climate change resistant, resource-friendly society,
- supporting information and communication technologies (IuK),
- investigating problems associated with demographic change,
- Exploring characteristic features of Saxony as the saxonian history and culture.
- The amount of funding is a full doctoral stipend of EUR 1,600 per month. Industry-sponsored doctoral projects are only co-fincanced with an ESF-Subsidy scholarship of EUR 800 per month.
- The funding period within the ESF-grant is three years, but ending at the latest with the submission of the PhD thesis. An extension for another year can be granted on request.
How to Apply:
To apply, submit the application by email with the subject line “ESFPromotion” in due time to: email@example.com.
- All application documents should be merged into only one digital PDF file (exception: SAB cover sheet has to be additionally submitted as hard cover with all originals stamps and signatures – note: no copies/scans).
- The applicant is requested to ensure that even the required letter of recommendation will reach the Graduate Academy in due time. The letter of recommendation should be sent by the referee via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via regular mail to: Graduate Academy, Funding Programs, Mommsenstraße 7, 01069 Dresden.
- PhD projects should start between 1st October 2019 at the earliest and 1st January 2020 at the latest
Supporting Documents: An application has to be submitted complete and in time to the Graduate Academy only in accordance to the call for applications:
- SAB cover sheet(please indicate the “Stichtag” 15 May 2019)
- Annex 1
- Letter of recommendationfrom the (potentially) supervising professor at the TU Dresden
- Confirmation by the Facultythat the applicant has not yet started his/her doctorate (Exception: This confirmation is not required in case of parental/family leave)
- For federal innovation doctorates: Explanatory statement from the (potentially) supervising professor at the TU Dresdenof the special interest of the research topic to the Free State of Saxony and the envisaged impacts on the Saxon labor market SAB-Guideline on how to write the research proposal