One-year scholarship program sponsored by the Free State of Bavaria for graduates of Central, Eastern and Southeastern European states. The scholarships are meant to finance postgraduate studies (i.e. master’s programs), PhDs or one-year research sojourns at Bavarian universities.
At the University of Regensburg, the objective of the annual scholarship program is to support scientific cooperation and academic exchange between Bavaria and Central-, Eastern- and Southeastern Europe.
Deadline: 28th February 2019.
- The Free State of Bavaria will sponsor scholarships for the academic year 2019/20. Graduates from Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia and Ukraine are eligible to apply.
- As an applicant you should be living full-time in your home country at the time of application. However, if you have just started your master’s program or PhD in Bavaria (i.e. the winter term 2018/19 is your first semester of the master or PhD at a Bavarian university), you can also try an application for the funding year 2019/20. In this case please submit a copy of your enrollment certificate.
- If you are planning a master’s program in Bavaria you must not be older than 30 in the first year of the scholarship (i.e. on the 01.10.2019). For doctoral candidates the age limit is 35 years
- The one-year scholarship can be generally extended twice for up to 3 years.
- The scholarship is paid out monthly (735,- €) and amounts to 8.820,- € per year.
- Students with at least one child receive 895,- € per month, which amounts to 10.740,- € per year.
How to Apply:
- An online application form that is filled-in completely (https://www.uni-regensburg.de/bayhost/english/scholarships/study-in-bavaria/index.html. Afterwards, you receive a copy of the online application form attached as pdf via e-mail. Add a printout of this pdf to your paper documents as cover sheet.)
Candidates should send their documents to the address specified in the important advice. Send your documents to the following address:
- Applicants with the citizenship of the Czech Republic: Bayerisch-Tschechische Hochschulagentur, BTHA c/o BAYHOST, Universitätsstr. 31, D-93053 Regensburg, Germany
- From other countries: Bayerisches Hochschulzentrum für Mittel-, Ost und Südosteuropa BAYHOST, Universitätsstr. 31, D-93053 Regensburg, Germany
Supporting Documents: Send the following documents to BAYHOST / BTHA by mail and adhere to the given order:
- A certificate of matriculation for the following summer semester
- A justification of the extension of the scholarship in Bavaria (1-2 DIN A4 pages)
- An estimation of which new perspectives have developed during the past year of studies for your (future) professional career (1-2 DIN A4 pages)
- A tabular CV in German or English with a recent passport photo
For postgraduate studies (i.e. master’s program):
- Proof of the so far achieved exam or course results in Bavaria (copies)
- A report (1-2 DIN A4 pages) covering the most important results achieved in your past year of study (i.e. attendance of seminars or lectures, course results, conferences etc.)
- Two expert opinions of professors from your course. Refer your referees to our “guidelines for referees” (www.bayhost.de “Funding & Scholarships”)
For doctoral candidates:
- An interim report (max. 4 DIN A4 pages) about the results of your research in Bavaria, which refers to the project outline in your application document (what aspects have you already realized?)
- Two expert opinions of professors from the field that your dissertation relates to and from your Bavarian university. One expert opinion has to be from the supervisor of your dissertation.
If you are planning to study a master’s program in Bavaria it’s recommended to add a letter of endorsement to your scholarship application at BAYHOST or BTHA, but it’s not mandatory. I.e. you can also apply for a scholarship without such a letter
A copy of your passport or travel document which clearly states your citizenship. A simple copy is sufficient, there is no certified copy needed.