Are you an Indian and planning to study in Germany? Studying in Germany for Indian students has many benefits because German universities are ranked globally and are valuable for their high quality of quality.
Germany is one of the best countries to study abroad and it is home to some of the best universities in the world. To study in Germany as an Indian student, there are a number of options available which provide affordable education.
If you’ve decided on Germany as your study abroad destination – now it’s time to choose the right course and university for you. In Germany, you can study in public universities for free. There are approximately 300 public universities in Germany, and there are more than 1000 study programs in total – so you have lots of options!
Here are some of the common requirements which the Indian students need for their study in Germany:
Proof of Identity
The requirements to study in Germany includes a photocopy of a valid passport, in which there is the validity of at least 6 months after the date of departure and there are four recent passport size photographs with each family member applying for a visa. The visa officer can also check the actual passport.
As an international student, you may need an entry visa for Germany depending on where you come from and how long you plan to stay here. Before the appointment, an applicant has to verify the current exchange rate of visa fee and obtain the demand draft.
The visa fee has to be paid through demand draft at the time of the interview. The visa fee is not refundable if the visa is rejected. Visa fee for adult is 60 Euros and for minors between the age group of 0 to 17years, is 30 Euros.
- Travel Medical Insurance.
- Covering letter explaining the exact purpose and duration of stay.
- Duly signed the application form
- A letter from the university confirming the admission
Proof of Previous Educational Certifications
An applicant has to provide proof of educational qualification starting from the tenth grade.
The aspirant who needs to go to Germany for their certifications is needed to offer the proof of the educational qualification in starting from the tenth grade. The students who are in need to go to Germany for their study need to have the original experience certificates as well as other documents.
Proof of English Language Proficiency
An applicant needs to provide proof of valid score card of tests like IELTS OR TOEFL. Studying for an international academic study programme in Germany suggests having a very good command of the English language, for full participation in the lessons and other study course’s activities. Every higher education institution in Germany has its own requirements as regards to non-English speakers’ language proficiency in English.
- To participate in a Bachelor study programme in Germany taught in the German language, you must attest that you’ve skills in such language of minimum C1 level of CEFR or DSH II.
- Participation in a Master’s German study programme requires knowledge of the German language of a DSH I or DSH II level.
- There are no common German language requirements, you may encounter as a foreign candidate for a doctoral study degree in Germany. German language requirements for taking up a Doctoral study course in Germany are autonomously regulated by admission regulations of the respective educational provider.
Proof of Financial Support
Before you begin your studies, you will have to prove that you have enough money to support yourself. One of the most important documents is your German Blocked Account confirmation letter that proves you have enough finances to study and live in Germany as an international student for one year. For the proof of financial means an applicant can provide:
- Formal sponsorship letter from a sponsor living in Germany.
- Sanctioned loan and documents of the bank
- Bank statement
- Financial guarantee from parents or other relatives with appropriate proof
Proof of Experience Certificates (Optional)
If an applicant has some previous work experience than a valid proof of work experience has to be provided along with other documents.
Academic Requirements to Study in Germany
In Germany, every university has its own criteria for accepting students. The universities ask for good German language skills and proficiency in the German language is certified through TestDaF.
Indian students who wish to study in Germany for a Bachelor degree must submit the following documents:
- Entrance Qualification
- Transcript of Grades
- Proof of Language Proficiency
- ID or Valid Passport Copies
- Letter of Motivation (Optional)
- As for language proficiency, keep in mind that there is hardly any undergraduate study program in Germany offered in the English language. Also, note that if you haven’t attended any year of master studies in India you will only be allowed to study in certain subjects as they expect you to complete a preparatory course.
Indian students who wish to study in Germany for a Master’s degree will have to submit the following documents:
- Recognized Bachelor Degree
- Transcript of Grades
- Proof of Language Proficiency (German or English)
- Motivation Letter
- Important References
- Work Experiences (Optional)
In recent times, Germany has risen to top the ‘study-abroad’ charts, giving tough competition to the veterans USA, Canada and UK. Through the video, you will find the list of top universities in Germany for Indian students in 2019 as well as the key information about the German education.
Top German Universities Name
- LMU Munich
- Technical University Munich
- Heidelberg University
- Humboldt University of Berlin
- RWTH Aachen University
- University of Freiburg
- Free University of Berlin
- Technical University of Berlin
- University of Tübingen