Here is a massive opportunity for needy students to apply for this Ernst Ludwig Ehrlich Studienwerk Doctoral Scholarship funded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). The non-Jewish Ph.D. students of any nationality are invited to apply, provided that they propose a research project focusing on a Jewish subject.
The Studienwerk specifically promotes talented Jewish students and doctoral candidates to reach their goals of obtaining a higher education.
Deadline: April 30, 2019.
Scholarship Applicants must meet the following formal criteria:
- Technically qualified Jewish doctoral candidates in all disciplines and concentrations (except medicine) are eligible for funding by ELES.
- Moreover, non-Jewish Ph.D. students of any nationality are invited to apply, provided that they propose a research project focusing on a Jewish subject.
- Candidates are expected to submit an innovative doctoral project of exceptional scientific quality which must be concluded within a range of three years and effective academic mentoring which is suitable for the candidate as well as for the project.
- In addition to having an outstanding academic record, applicants are actively involved in, i.e., the Jewish community, the social field, youth work, student organizations or their social environment.
- Furthermore, they should keep in regular contact with the liaison lecturer and actively participate in the scholarship’s non-material services, activities and organizations as well as – after the programme has ended – join and contribute to the alumni network of the Ernst Ludwig Ehrlich Studienwerk.
- admission to a doctoral programme at a state or state-recognized institution of higher education in Germany or, if the applicant holds German citizenship, in an EU member state or Switzerland
- in justified cases, doctoral programmes at a higher-education institution in an extra-European country may be funded
The scholarship will provide the following:
- Financial support
- Non-material support
- Comprehensive mentoring of the scholars with the aim of promoting academic excellence and fostering personal growth
How to Apply:
The application form must be downloaded by the given link: https://eles-studienwerk.de/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/ELES_Bewerbung_PF.pdf
Applicants must send completed application packet to:
Ernst Ludwig Ehrlich Studienwerk e. V.
PO Box 210320
Supporting Documents: To apply, you must submit the following:
- A letter of motivation showing why you would like to be supported by the Ernst Ludwig Ehrlich Studienwerk,
- A short narrative curriculum vitae (max 3500 characters),
- A reference of a representative of a Jewish institution,
- An academic report from your dissertation supervisor,
- A five- to ten-page exposé to your dissertation project,
- Tabular curriculum vitae.