The Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg is welcoming applications to the STIBET Scholarships for International Students (Final Thesis) which is funded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
All international students who are likely to finish their degree programme at the University of Oldenburg in the summer semester 2019 are eligible to apply. The scholarship is designed to reward, encourage and assist students in pursuing academic excellence.
Deadline: Submit the application no later than Tuesday, January 15, 2019
In order to apply for the scholarship applicants must meet all of the following eligibility:
- Expected to graduate during the summer semester 2019
- Residence permit for the purpose of study (§16)
- Monthly income during scholarship payment must be no higher than 450 EUR
- All international students who are likely to finish their degree programme at the University of Oldenburg in the summer semester (Sommersemester) 2019 are eligible to apply.
- Good academic performance, as well as financial need, are required; voluntary work inside or outside the university is desired but not mandatory.
The scholarships are worth up to 400 EUR per month for a duration of 3 to 4 months.
How to Apply:
The interested applicants can download the application form by the given link: https://uol.de/fileadmin/user_upload/iso/Formulare/stipendien/Studienabschluss/Antrag_Studienabschlussstipendien_SoSe_2019.pdf
To apply, you must submit your application and recommendation letter by e-mail to the supervisor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Supporting Documents: The Scholarship application is comprised of:
- Filled application form
- Motivation letter(Reason for applying, the topic of your thesis, time plan for completion, etc.)
- Transcript with a grade average
- Enrolment certificate
- Copy of the residence permit from your passport
- If available yet: A copy of the registration of the thesis with the Examinations Office
- If available: Proof of voluntary work (brief confirmation is sufficient)
- If you are married: Information about your family’s overall income, including proof, if available
- Letter of recommendation from the supervisor of your thesis: in this recommendation letter your supervisor should answer the following questions: How did you get to know the applicant? How would you judge the applicant’s performance in your seminars? How much does the applicant’s thesis fit his/her profile? What result do you expect from the applicant’s thesis? When is the applicant roughly going to finish his/her thesis and/or other exams? How would you describe the applicant’s personality?
- The letter of recommendation must be submitted in a closed envelope or sent by e-mail by the supervisor to email@example.com